May 5, 2013

Fire Heart by Dan Avera


Title: Fire Heart
Author: Dan Avera
Series: The Titans, #1
Genre: Epic Fantasy
Publisher: Self-published
Release Date: September 7, 2012
Source: Purchase


Contact Dan


Overall Rating: 5 Bad Boys – Absolutely Loved It!!!!!
Reviewer: Kat


Author Summary

When mercenary Will Blackmane discovers that he is the living embodiment of a Titan - a god from an age all but forgotten - his world comes crashing down around him. Hounded relentlessly by the beings who drove his kind into exile, he must become the leader the world needs and unite the warring nations of Pallamar under one banner if he and his allies are to survive. His only chance of success rests with the other Titans, finally returned after five hundred years of hiding - and with Clare, an extraordinary soldier from an annihilated city far to the west. The growing bond between them is a strange and unexpected one, but it may be all that stands between them and the encroaching darkness.


My Thoughts


Epic Fantasy based on Greek Mythology…this novel is pure GOLD!

Searching for something different to read one day, I stumbled across this gem. Not my usual genre, but I wanted to treat my imagination to the exquisite beauty of an epic fantasy. My love for all things Greek mythology led me to discover Fire Heart and my interest was piqued. And wow, I have to say to you readers, if you are as well in need of something wonderfully different from our normal paranormal read, then this is it for you. 

If you check out this link, you can go to Amazon’s Look Inside, where you can read the Prologue for yourself. As soon as I read it, I knew I had to read the entire novel. 


The original worldbuilding in this novel is honestly some of the most impressive I’ve seen. The creation theory based on Greek myth is brilliant, the detailed imagery recounted throughout is spellbinding, and the characterization is superb. Every Titan, human and villain developed so skillfully, making it impossible not to invest in their plight and struggle to save the world from the Fallen Ones. 

This author is seriously gifted. If you are a fan of epic fantasies such as George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” (Game of Thrones), or J.R.R. Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings”, then you will enjoy this tale composed by this new author. I can’t wait until the second in this series!

Oh, and if/when you read it, you’ll need more. So the author provides a few teasers on his website for Book #2. Just click here to check them out. And while there, take a minute to check out the artwork on his blog. There are some seriously awesome sketches of the characters in the novel. Amazing!

Happy Reading!!



Buy Fire Heart Now…        Amazon 



No comments:

Post a Comment